Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Open House

So...tonight Jaiden had open house at her school from 5:00 - 6:30. And, because I am always sooo prepared for what is going to happen, at 6:10, I strapped Anthony on me (Brian had ran to the store to get something to try and fix my car) and we took off walking to the school. We did get there in time, but not with much to spare. Anyways, this story does have a point...and it is this. Jaiden starts the night off by showing me her "newspaper article" which is roughly the size of a posterboard. Each kid in the third grade had one and they are all hanging on the wall in the MAIN hallway. After we found it and were able to get close enough to the wall to read it (there were still a lot of people there) Jaiden starts to read...."I love my family because when I was a baby I had cancer." Of course I blurt out "CANCER!!!'

I'm not sure wether it was Jaiden's reading or my loud mouth, but we had an audience and anyone who knows me knows that I wanted to curl up in a ball and die!!!

Jaiden had mistaken 'surgery' for 'cancer'...you see the resemblance, right?!? Geez!

Unfortunately, the poster is still on the wall and with our tardiness, I didn't have a chance to tell the teacher that Jaiden's bio was thankfully not true!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I can't stop laughing. I guess because I was there from the beginning.