Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Remember Us? :)

Okay, so it has been forever since I have posted a Blog, so I decided with the New Year, comes a new post...

Brian has been working his tail off at AT&T selling cell phones. Not his ideal job, but it is paying the bills and he has sold to more than a couple of Dallas Cowboys (and anyone who knows my husband knows that alone is priceless). Here he is with one of his new buddies, Chad Hennings.



Jaiden is still my little spit-fire! She is in the fifth grade now and is doing really well. Much better than last year. Thank you Jesus! For Christmas, she received a total bedroom remodel where she was able to pick out the paint, furniture and all the decorations for her bedroom. To our surprise, she went with a soft blue green color on the walls but she picked a turquoise color for the closet and bedroom door. When she finally decided on the colors, I asked her if she was sure that is what she wanted and that we kind of thought she would go a bit crazier...she replied with 'Mom, I AM getting older now.' Good grief! I did paint her room and it really turned out nicely! The worst part about it though was when she decided that she wanted the bottom half of her room painted in the blue green color and the top half white. Since moving into our house three years ago, the ceiling in her room has never been painted and BOY did it show when I started the white on the walls. That then made it where I had to go ahead and paint the ceiling and as I told Brian, NEVER again will I paint a ceiling!! That was some work there!! Our house is a product of the 80's so popcorn ceilings throughout. If you have ever had to do this before, you will understand the pain I (and my right shoulder) went through. Sadly, now that her room is painted in the starkest most brilliant white that we could find, it really shows throughout the rest of the casa! Looks like more projects are heading our way!


Anthony is still running wild as you probably all witnessed first hand over the holidays. He definitely keeps us on our toes (and me in a size 0-2)! He hasn't damaged anything too considerably in the past week or so, so I am sure that a very colorful post regarding just that will soon follow. We did however find a large spot on the very top of his head the other night at dinner. I couldn't tell what it was exactly at first, but after a closer inspection, I found that it was dried blood a bit larger than a silver dollar. I was amazed for a couple of reasons. 1. I didn't remember him falling or hitting his head on anything; and 2. He NEVER complained about it, not a whimper or an 'oww', nothing. The cut wasn't as bad as it originally looked but it was still a cut....on his head! Again, Good grief!

and, yes. that is his underwear on his head. :)


I am still plugging away at the law office that I have now been at for 7 years. Sadly though, the attorney's that I work for are attempting to wrap things up and close shop simply because they have other things to do. I occasionally get a 'you're safe until...' speech and as of now, I am safe until April. Cross your fingers that things stay the same. I am a creature of habit and don't enjoy life to get jostled out of its original state. I am now in the process of getting the house back in order after what looked like a small tornado ran through it. Last weekend we started the remodel on Jaiden's room, the dryer broke (with a load of partially dried clothes in it, of course) and then the washer broke (full of wet, partially cleaned clothes in it...of course). Needless to say, my house resembled a college dorm room (or a 'hippie love pad' as my mom referred to it) complete with a full size mattress and box springs in my dining room, wet clothes hanging all over the house, a dresser in the hallway, the full sized bed frame leaned against my bedroom wall and Jaiden's clothes and personables strewn all about the house. It was a disaster, but thanks to help from mom, it is once again looking 'livable'.

So, that's us for now. I promise to do better at keeping this updated throughout the year!!
Peace and love to all of you!!
Mistie

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yea!! Thanks for the update. I want to see pictures of the Jaiden's room.