Monday, January 14, 2008

It's a New Year!!

With the New Year upon us, of course I vowed many things...you know the usuals that you usually break by the end of the first week and I have almost broken all of my resolutions, but have decided that this year will be the year that I keep at least one. Keeping better contact with my friends and family. Now granted, I haven't started out the best so far considering that my thank you notes from Christmas are still sitting unfinished on my breakfast table, but I'm working on them!!!!



So to get everyone updated on what has been going on it the Barrera house, as most of you know, Brian was laid off again from his job ten days before Christmas and hasn't had a lot of luck finding a replacement as of yet. We're still okay considering this isn't the first time that this has happened to us and we were a bit more prepared than the last time. We are actually flying to Phoenix on Friday to talk to a man about a contract job. If all goes well, and I hope that it does, we would ideally like to get a few more contract jobs and wouldn't have to worry about Brian getting a regular ole 9-5, which makes both of us very happy!



I went back to work with the same firm and am working two days a week. Granted it isn't really paying the bills, but it gets me out of the house a couple of days a week and keeps my sanity at a reasonable level. Other than that, not a lot going on with me.

Brian and I have really been busy bodies since we have both been home so much. We have gone to a Cowboys game, gone out in a limo for a friends birthday, gone to another friends birthday and stayed out wayyyyy to late, took the kids to a museum in McKinney and Brian went to the game yesterday. Shoot, if I knew that we were going to have this much fun, I would have had him quit his job a lot earlier...hehehehe!! Honestly, we have really been blessed and I thank the Lord every day that we are able to live the lives that we do and still make it. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to spend quality time with your family and still have the time to do other things with your friends too!!

Jaiden has really picked up in school. She really struggles and I hate that, but toward the end of last year, she seemed to finally start 'getting it'. I really hope so because nothing is worse than having to see your child struggle through school!!

Anthony is just growing like a weed! I am almost sure that he is going to outgrow Jaiden by the end of the year. He is starting to get a little bit more fun now too. He's smiling and laughing out loud! He still won't roll over though...this should have been a task that he accomplished weeks ago, but he still hasn't. He's just lazy! When I put him on his tummy, he'll play for a bit like he is supposed to, but then just lays his head down or starts screaming when he's ready to not be there anymore. He's a brat...yeah, I said it...already, he is a brat. A really cute brat, but a brat nonetheless!!

Well that's about all that's going on in the Barrera house for now. Pray for Brian and I to have a safe flight for Friday and I'll update you soon on how the meeting went.

I love you all!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good luck with the blog. I tried one once and quit shortly after. I am adding you to my favorites right now!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, we need a another posting. Love this one.