Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Man...what a day!!

Today started out great! I was determined that I would accomplish more today than I have all week, and considering I really haven't done anything all week, I really didn't set the bar too high...But anyways, I got up this morning and took J-Bug to school, then I went to the grocery store to grab some stuff that we needed. I came back home and loaded and ran the dishwasher, started dinner (God bless the crock pot) and then took a little nap...hey, I don't want to strain anything okay! ; ) After my little nap, I got up and fed the baby and got him ready to go and have his pictures taken at Target. We got some really great shots of him and the girls up there were super sweet...(Sorry Mel, it was convenient, but I still want to get our family pictures done with you!!!) After the pictures were taken I ran back home and had lunch with Brian just before I went to pick up J-Bug from school. After I picked her up we (me, J, and Anthony) all went to get Anthony his four month old shots....that's where the day got ruined (cue the da da daaaaa music).

Jaiden was stoked about getting to come with me and asked if she could be in the room with us when he got his shots. I explained to her that brother would cry and I wasn't sure if she wanted to be there, but she insisted, so I let her, probably not the best move. Oh and, just an FYI, at four months old, babies get one oral vaccination and three shots. We get in there and they asked me to hold him a certain way and Jaiden stood in front of me watching the nurses prepare everything. Of course, I too hate to see my baby cry so I was as not looking forward to this, but they did it and he wailed! As if that wasn't enough, I look up and Jaiden is in tears with the absolute most horrified look on her face and both hands over her ears. It broke my heart, but I knew that I couldn't break down right there in the doctor's office, so with a strong upper lip and 10mgs of Lexapro, I held it in....until we got to the car.

With that experience down, I doubt that Jaiden will ever go back to the doctor with me to get brother's shots done and I am also sure that I destroyed any dream she ever had about being a pediatrician! Good job mom! And as for Anthony, he is okay now and sleeping. He was pretty fussy earlier, but I got some Tylenol in him and he finally fell asleep, in my arms. It was the sweetest thing ever! I realized tonight that on a normal night when he gets sleepy, he wants one of two things, either to be in his swing or in his bed. He isn't the biggest fan of just being carried around all the time so although it was a really bad day at the doctor's office, I really cherished our time together tonight!

I love you all!

No comments: